Groundbreaking – the success story of the Willke group of companies continues…
The Willke rail construction GmbH & Co. KG has been awarded the contract by AKN Eisenbahn AG for the new construction of the train formation facilities in Hamburg-Stellingen and Hamburg-Eidelstedt. With an order volume of more than 9.5 million €, this is the largest individual order placed by Willke rail construction GmbH & Co. KG. The successful implementation of our special civil engineering department of the North East site in Pritzwalk made the acquisition of this order possible.
The reason for the construction measure is the necessity for the S-Bahn Hamburg GmbH to create new train formation and stabling capacities to fulfil the transport contract with the Hanseatic City of Hamburg. Therefore, two new train formation facilities will be built along the DB route 1225 Hamburg-Altona – Pinneberg. Starting at Hamburg-Altona station (S-Bahn), this line runs in a northerly direction from the stops Diebsteich, Langenfelde, Stellingen, Eidelstedt and Elbgaustraße and continues parallel to the DB line 1220 Hamburg-Altona – Kiel to the district town of Pinneberg, which borders on Hamburg. On this route run 2 important suburban railway lines of Hamburg, the S3 and S21. In Hamburg-Eidelstedt the public infrastructure of AKN Eisenbahn AG branches off to Neumünster Süd. Most of the work is carried out during ongoing railway operations and requires precise logistics.
Until the end of October 2018, the following work will still be carried out:
- New construction of 13 switches
- New construction of 5 sidings with a total length of 1,500 m
- Construction of an access track with a length of 750 m
- Construction of a signal bridge with a span of 30 m
- Construction of around 1,400 m noise barrier in 3 sections
- Demolition and new construction of a sidewalk console on an existing railway overpass
- Renewal of the corrosion protection on an existing railway overpass
- Production of 6.000m cable routing system
- Construction of 13 track crossings with a total length of approx. 180m
- Equipment of the constructed track system with Gfk service paths
- Demolition and new construction of two wing walls
We are looking forward to the exciting challenges ahead.